Daily report in Thailand


Day 1, October-31-2018
Yogyakarta-Jakarta-Thailand
Are You Serious?

Adisucipto airport to DMK airport 

I am Nila Wati and all people call me Nila, I am still semester 4th in my university, Ahmad Dahlan of Yogyakarta with major English Education. I know that I am a grateful student because I got chance to join Seameo program then I can visit Thailand beginning. I am not special student, I only truth to dream and all of us can raise  dream only if we believe.
This’s my first time visiting Thailand alone. Sometimes, I’m afraid but surely I’m not alone, right? Because I have Allah that always together with me.
There’s a nice story in my journey until arrived in DMK Airport. I will share you about my story. I use Air Asia Maskapai to fly from Yogyakarta/ Adi Sucipto Airport to Bangkok, DMK Airport, but I must transit at International Soekarno Hatta Airport for 4-5 hours. There’s many learning that I got when I am processing my flight to DMK Airport in Soekarno Hatta Airport. For example, I must buy baggage as much as 400.00 rupias with weight 15 kg. Then, I must walk from domestic to international airport with Skytren, I dunno surely about the spelling of skytren, but skytren is same like train or shuttle bus to pick up passangers in terminal.
Many things that I want share you, but the important things are we must believe if Allah always listening our pray. So, every chance that you got, you must be optimal and do better action. 
_______________________________________
Day 2, August 1 2018
Do You Know?
Differences are not an excuse to make us stop surviving, even differences are reasons that strengthen us to be more adaptable in places that are very strange to us. Thank you for the opportunity to learn so much about life to get out of your comfort zone.
 The second day is still in the hotel atmosphere within the VRU university area. There is this fear that is felt, regarding vital food, carefulness is needed but no doubt.
Something is missed. About the adhan which is no longer reverberating. Simple but causes deep sadness. On the second day, it was time to move from the hotel to the real inn, an inn that I was hoping to be able to forge myself into a person who is no longer spoiled and able to survive to survive in all conditions.
Before we move to real lodgings, we first go to a school where we will not teach many things, but rather we will learn many things. Introduced with the teachers there, environment, and buddies who will guide us for approximately 30 days. There is this pervasive happiness, about the sincerity of the smile and the lightness of the hand in giving help.
Yes, in fact I learned a lot of things and thank you for slowly making myself understand about life,
____________________________________
Day 3, August- 2- 2018
TEAMWORK





Teamwork is the process of working collaboratively with a group of people in order to achieve a goal.
Yeah, I learn about teamwork here, in VRU school. I belive that we can get many learning in everypeople, don’t care whose the people. Here, I got learn from children in primary school. They didn’t give me the theory of teamwork, but more over they give the meaning of teamwork through action that they do. I believe that character education is one things that very important. Even if we want to have the best generation in the future, we must preparing them since they still child, because when they still child, it’s time the golden ages.
Talking about teamwork, to joining this program “ Sea Teacher” we also need teamwork, because we can’t anti social or be individual.
I like the system of this school in VRU. The collaboration of the teacher make this situation become interest and comfort. Every people will give greeting when they meet up with the others, so the situation very full meaning.

Yeah, many things that I must write here and I implement in my country, Indonesia especially my university. I believe Indonesia will be better country soon, so I must be a part to give my contribution for Indonesia in education sector for example, Aamiin.
_____________________________
Day 4, August 3 2018
Everything is Change
I like the situation and the atmosfer of VRU school. Unfortunetly, VRU school is not my object of this program because my object school is Boon Kumrajbamrung School. But, that’s okay because I gave chance to observe VRU school and knowing the process of study and all of students in there.
The students in there so cute and funny, I like them. I like them because they also creative and smart.That’s my opinion. I thingk there’s no the significant digfferences both of Indonesia and Thailand Curiculum, event there’s the differences of name. Thailand also use full day school same like Indonesia. Study held in Monday untul Friday and weeken in Saturday and Sunday.
________________________________
Day 5, August 4 2018
Culture?
In weekend, I have chance to visit Floating Market in Thailand with my buddies Sporpan and Final. I am so excited knowing the destinataion of Thailand. The floating markets in Thailand have developed over a long history in the region, likely developing before history is well documented. Then, I also visiting temple, there’s rule when we want to inside to the temple, for example we must use the polite dress when inside. I am so grateful because I can visting this country that have many history.
Believe or not, the society in there very respect with their king. Every space that I found always there symbol of the king. I am so surprised of this condition, but that’s very awesome! Thank you very much   for many learning that I got in this school.     
___________________________________         
Day 6, August 5 2018
Manage Your Self
Living so far from my orign country is new challenge to me and my friends ofcourse. Many things that I must manage when I live here, not only manage time, but also budget is one the important things that I must manage when I want to survive here.
In this day,My friend and I go to Future Park Langsit, before it I dunno surely about the place, I thingk the place is like garden that have many flowers and tree, animals and such. But, I am so wrong, because the reality is Park Future Langsit is the place or building like Supermarket.
Talking about Future Park Langsit, you must be careful, because there are many seduction in there. If you don’t be careful, your money will used up. So manage your budget, handle your self. 


Day 7, August 6 2018
Must be creative teacher?

I strongly believe that the quality of children is also very much determined by the teacher's efforts in educating the child. As a teacher, creative ideas are needed to encourage children to be enthusiastic in learning. so, teachers must be smart in choosing the right learning media for their students. At Thai school, especially the school where I made observations, I saw that the teacher here was so creative in creating learning media that made students happy, enthusiastic and who certainly understood more about the material presented.

For the umpteenth time, I observed that teachers here often use learning media such as ppt, images, discussions and other activities that keep students moving actively. so, when learning takes place students become focused and do not have the opportunity to do activities that are not useful when learning or even sleepy when learning.

Finally, as part of the education system, we cannot demand many things for our students. what we need to do is how to make students have good character through learning activities at school. because through the hands of the teacher, the best generation for civilization is created. The spirit of serving on the basis of love.

Day 8, August 7 2018
How important is nutrition for children?
Nutrition or nutrition is an organic substance that organisms need for normal functioning of the body's system, growth, maintenance of health.
 
We believe that our brains and other organs will not function perfectly without any nutrients from outside our body. Especially a child, childhood is a time of significant growth and development. So that the fulfillment of nutrition for children at this time must be optimal.
 
at BoonKumratBumroong school itself, children get good nutrition because every morning, the school always prepares milk for its students and also has lunch every day.
this is proof, that we don't only have a great young generation, but also a healthy generation of course.
 
I hope this application in Thailand can be a new reference and inspiration to be applied in Indonesia.
 

Day 9, August 8 2018
When students admit their mistakes!

In fact, the role of the teacher is very important and urgent to improve the character of a child that gets worse every day.
 In the current era we can both witness that there are many criminal cases committed by children. I do not know for sure why this happened, but what I believe is because of the decline in character education for students so they dare to do dangerous actions that they should not do.
In this school, I see that character education is not education that must be applied alone in a particular subject. But character education is an element that must be present in every subject that students learn. Because we must understand that character education is not a mere theory, but what is needed here is a form of real application.
Hopefully, the good things that exist in this school, in the future will be the task and challenge for me to improve the education system in Indonesia, which indeed has been good from the start to be better in practice.
Day 10, August 9 2018
Is Today Mothers Day?

Not as usual, today BoonKumratBumRoong School is happy. Because today is the implementation of mother's day, every teacher in this school will wear blue clothes.

Mother's day celebration at this school was so lively, there were various series of events held as a form of respect for their mother, the queen.

To further optimize this mother's day celebration, the school eliminates teaching and learning activities. So, in the afternoon after the Mother's Day program was finished, the students were sent home.

There is something interesting in this case, their love of human beings is so excessive in my opinion personally. They seemed to assume that the queen was so instrumental in their lives. But, I can't comment more, because every country has their own traditions in expression and preserving something. My job is not to judge or judge, but to appreciate.

Day 11, August 10 2018

Routine Greeting Again
Students returned with a new spirit after celebrating mother's day together. But in fact the enthusiasm and happiness on the students' faces did not last long. One of their friends died due to drowning. Whereas yesterday they still met and played with one of their friends who died, but today, the school is grieving.

Yeah, my question was answered already. So, the reason why teachers use black clothes is because there is one of their students who died.

I am Nila Wati  representing Ahmad Dahlan University in Yogyakarta and Indonesia are very sorry for this sad event. Hopefully there is wisdom that we can learn. Aamiin.

Day 12, 13, 14, August 11, 12, 13,  2018

Hows Your Holiday?
I do not understand for sure about vacation theory, but what is certain is that it is a word that has the influence to make someone happy.
Yes, the 11th, 12th, and 13th is the time for me to meditate to gather new enthusiasm. Jatujak is our goal to let go of fatigue. Yes, it is so special to me, because many of the trees I meet, the healthy air, the flying birds, and what my friends really like are various kinds of shopping places that make their eyes stop blinking.
This third time overseas visit made me learn many things about simplicity, priority and money management to survive. Believe it or not, when you visit Jatujak, your subconscious cries out to buy all the things there. But, I have to remember my goal in Thailnad was not for shopping, but for learning and expanding my prostration on another land.
Yes, again and again there will be many temptations approaching, our task is not to be swept away by the temptation, but to fight the temptation and return to the destination why we are in this place. The spirit of being a quality person despite being in an Islamic minority environment.



Day 15, August-14-2018

[Time for sports]



It has become a rule of this school that every Wednesday students are required to use sports clothing. Wearing sports clothes does not mean they will exercise, but that is their uniform every wednesday.

There is nothing different on wednesday, like normal days, they run routine pickets every morning by cleaning their classes, then line up neatly in the field to carry out the ceremony and after the ceremony they drink milk.


That's the routine every monday-friday at this Thai school.



Day 16, August-15-2018
[Revised many times]

Actually I don't deserve to write about this, but if the truth is not revealed, then I have covered up the disability which should be corrected.

I don't know how the sea teacher's assessment system is, how is the form of socialization for organizers both at the university and the school side.
As I know, the name is international activity, then the level of error and disability can be minimized. but in fact, the inequality of the assessment system in this activity occurred.

To be honest, I really regret of this situation, it is very embarrassing. It is true, if a mistake is something that sometimes must be understood. But, this is the sixth batch and how this absolute error can occur. It should be, the organizers of the Seameo or Sea teacher are better prepared for this activity. So that there is no form of discrimination in an assessment.

Hopefully, it is enough for me as the youngest delegate in this event to feel an injustice in an assessment and an appreciation in an evaluation.

Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to know what the international periodic activities are like.  I apologize in advance if it is not pleasing.


Day 17, August-16-2018
[Price of a teacher in Thailand]


There is no exhaust sound of this motorized motorbike, there are only luxury cars that adorn the parking lot of this school. for me, the services of a teacher cannot be measured by salary. the task of educating young people is not a simple task, it is a tough task that cannot be appreciated by any kind of money.

Apparently, the teachers in Thiland should be grateful, because the salary of elementary and junior high school teachers reaches 15,000 baths or about 7,500,000 per month plus all types of facilities such as insurance and so forth.

Let's look at the price of a teacher in Indonesia, sad? Yes! The totality of an honorary teacher in Indonesia is only valued at 200-500 thousand per month. And, we must be a civil servant first if we want to get millions of salary along with benefits and other facilities.

Yes, hopefully the price of a teacher in Thailand can be a reflection for us Indonesian people.


Day 18-19, August 17-18-2018
[Holiday is a necessity]

Holidays are the most awaited thing for most people. today, me and my friends and buddies will visit some of the most famous places in Thailand.


This holiday is so fun and memorable. We visit Chinna Town, Asiatique, eat Tomyang and drive MRT. The buddies take us around Thailand and enjoy the atmosphere of Thailand until 10pm.

Not only that, the buddies are always ready to take our pictures to be immortalized. Ah, they are so kind in fact.




Day 20, August-19-2018
[Learn to respect from Thailand]






Respect is a way of treating or thinking about something or someone. If you respect your teacher, you admire her and treat her well.

I envy the Thai people who value their leaders so much. every Monday to Friday, students and teachers here always do a ceremony as a form of respect for their king. They really love their king, unlike Indonesia, right?

I speak like this not because I hate Indonesia. Even I really love Indonesia, it's just that I regret the attitude of the people who are so outrageous in criticizing their leader.

Thank you for giving an understanding of respect, not with theory but with real practice that is able to make this self aware


As I know, the leader is not those who are crazy. but, as a good citizen, respect our leader. yes! Don't just be able to criticize without giving a solution. It's better to be silent than verbal it hurts.



Day 21, August-20-2018

[Lets think together]




I never knew what an ideal school was like. But what I know is that children don't need ideals for a school, they just need a place that gives happiness.

Talking about happiness, there is a dream to create an educational system that focuses on how to create happiness in school. it is enough to make children as guinea pigs in the educational arena. Children are those who have the freedom to be happy, not robots to achieve an interest in the country.

Let children grow and develop, don't put them in an education system that keeps them from finding potential in themselves.

Yes, Thailand teaches me that this self-made system must reflect to provide new changes to the education system in Indonesia.


Day 22, August-21-2018

[When the evaluation day arrived]




Isn't that fear faced, not avoided? Yes, honestly I am very scared for today's evaluation. But, dealing is a wise decision because there is a God who makes me believe that I can.

Before evaluation, the most important thing to do is preparation. Preparation is not a benchmark for success, but with preparation, at least we are almost close to success. Today, the day I was evaluated. I learned many things that made me more aware that the maximum effort we give sometimes is not able to satisfy many people. Mis Nit is her name. She was my supervisor in Thailand and she also evaluated me today. For me, I've given my best performance in teaching, but for her, my appearance was very disappointing.

Believe it or not, I'm still fine with all his judgments against me, no tears, disappointment or anger. I'm fine, because for me, I've done my best according to the capacity of ability that God has given me.

Isn't God's judgment the best judgment than human beings? and I believe God sees this sincerity and seriousness. Let it be, in the eyes of mankind I have no value and enough in front of God, this self becomes valuable and meaningful.

I learned many things and thank you for this lesson.

Day 23, August-22-2018

[What's the condition of your worship?]

Survive in a place where Islam is so minority or even there are no signs of Islam in it is the hardest thing but surely can survive.

There are a number of things that make me very sad, such as no adzan being heard, the difficulty of finding halal food, and even the mosque is far from being reached. And really this is true happiness for me. At the very least, Allah allowed me to be able to carry out and celebrate Eid al-Adha in the mosque in Thailand. Alhamdulillah.

Thailand's Kaewnimitr Mosque, the name of the mosque, must be reached a few hours using angkot. May Allah always look after us here. Aamiin.


Day 24, August-23-2018

[Is there Islamic morality here?]




After yesterday carrying out Eid adha prayer and the sea teacher gave permission to vacation in order to carry out prayer.

So today, school activities run as usual. Every day, there are always interesting things happening. every morning, every teacher in this school alternates to wait for students to attend at the school gate, and students will lay their hands and bow their heads as a tribute to their teacher.

Yes, they are not Islam, but they practice the morality of Islam itself. They face down when they want to shake hands. They do not understand about Islam, but there are several things in which they carry out the commandments of Islam.

Yes, as a person born as Islam, I am grateful for the blessing of faith and Islam. Alhamdulillah.



Day 25, August-24-2018
[Pending evaluation]

Today should be my second evaluation at this school, but because there is one thing, the evaluation has to be postponed.

This Friday, all grade 1 to 6 students carry out reading and writing exams held simultaneously by the government. Therefore, the evaluation was postponed until Monday. Yes, whatever it is, surely all of them have wisdom.

However, exam activity only lasts half a day. later this day,  the activity will return to normal as usual.


Day 26, August-25-2018
[Field trip?]




Stay a few more days in thailand and many things that have been self get about life which is apprehensive.

Today the theme is on vacation. The VRU University invited us to travel around Thailand with the lecturers, the Indonesian buddies and complete delegations of Indonesia.

Many things I wanna say about this field trip, about unpreparedness and evaluation for the future.
As far as I know, if the university invites field trip participants, then the entire accommodation will be borne by the university, that's what I know. But not with the field trip this time, there was no accommodation at all, all were borne by the participants.

At last but not least, thank you for making me learn so many valuable things.




Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Summary and Suggestions

Teaching Practice: Problem Solving & Classroom Management